.

Home Again

By Zach
Well camp came to an end and I'm back at home with my girls again. It seemed like forever away from my wife and daughter but I must say that this years camp session went infinitely better than last year. I guess since I didn't get to tell a lot when I blogged at camp I'll back track a little.
We left very late on Saturday night. We stopped in Abilene on the way to our stopping place that night for dinner and met up with Michelle's parents and Jen and Benton. This was the first time that I got to see him which was pretty exciting. I took this picture of Clara and her cousin. She seemed very excited to see him.

When we finally got to camp I ended up having a much better time than last year. The staff there this year was much better and I really enjoyed my time there. I got to meet some new people and had some good conversations with other youth ministers. I also hung out quite a bit with a couple of students from LCU who were there to help teach. They were pretty funny guys and one of the days we had some free time so the three of us went on a hike together up one of the mountains that overlooked the camp. Here's one of the pictures overlooking the camp from the top of the mountain.

We hiked up to the top of this mountain, which was much more than I bargained for, but it was a blast. Just the break away from the stresses of camp that I needed. Somehow we reverted back to childhood while we were up there. We spent the whole time trying to push over dead trees (sounds dumb but trust me it was fun) and roll rocks all the way down the mountain (again, sounds dumb but really fun). One of the guys took some videos of us knocking over these dead trees and they are pretty funny. If he ever posts them on youtube then I'll link them on here so you can see just how funny we though we were.

I came home and thought that I would be able to relax a bit now that camp was over, but boy was I dead wrong. I took the day off Monday, and then spent the whole day trying to get our Internet fixed (down with AT&T!), trying to get my license un-revoked (long story, which I'll get into another time), and mowing my ridiculously large lawn. So all that to say that it's good to be home with my wife and baby Clarabell. Please keep the Percival family in your prayers. Things have been pretty rough on the home front. I don't want to sound too negative by posting the reasons why on my blog, so some simple prayers for the Percival's will do fine.

If you haven't already checked out the slide show on Tammy Marcelain's blog of Benton Blayne please do. There are some great pictures on there of my nephew, and if you like Clara pictures, there are a few of those too.

 

3 comments so far.

  1. Julia Lauren July 3, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    I can't wait to see you guys! That picture of clara and benton is sooo adorable! Love you and as always y'all are in my prayers.
  2. Anonymous July 3, 2008 at 6:36 PM
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  3. Michelle July 8, 2008 at 10:46 PM
    glad you're back. i love you so much!

Something to say?