.

Return of the Lost Blogger

By Zach
Before I write anything I feel as though I must apologize to my two readers. I know that there are few who check my blog ever, and now that I've waited so long to post I'm sure I've lost even those two. Since my last post life has got the best of me. There have been many struggles in my life and it seems like there is just never a free moment to post on this blog. All my free moments I try to spend watching my beautiful little girl grow before my eyes. I have a really good video on my phone of her playing peek-a-boo with me, but that will have to wait for another post because I'm at Bible camp without my memory card converter.
This week is Pine Springs Summer Camp with the youth group. We have absolutely no cell phone reception out here but the camp does have internet connection so I can get on and post and email every now and then. I've really enjoyed camp this year as compared to last year. I won't even get started as to the reasons why, but it's been such a breath of fresh air given the expectations I had coming into this week. However, it still is a lonely week here without my wife and daughter. I absolutely hate missing any time with Clarabell at this point in her life. She's learning so much, so fast, I'm afraid I'm going to miss something.
I brought a camera to camp this year with the intention of being better about using it. It seems like every youth trip I wish that I had more pictures when all is said and done. But I'm terrible at taking pictures so I came up with the bright idea to give the camera to one of my teens and let them take it around and take some pictures. The only problem is that our camera ran out of battery on the way out to camp. I tried to plug it in to the charger that I brought, but no luck whatsoever. So the following pictures were taken before we got to camp in Artesia, NM. There's these really strange iron statues at random places throughout the small town.

This picture is of me tying my shoe, and a very perverted statue staring at my tooshy. See pointing it out to her friends saying, "Check out the butt on that one!"


This one is our group shot for this year. We only brought five kids with us, but it's all quality over quantity as far as I'm concerned.
Please keep us in your prayers this coming Saturday as we make our trek home from NM back to Texas. It's a good 10-12 hour drive and I'll be the only driver until Abilene where I'll pick up Michelle and Clarabell. Hopefully this won't be the only post for the next two months....The Prodigal Blogger has returned!
 

8 comments so far.

  1. Diana June 25, 2008 at 7:59 AM
    Great to have you back! Keep 'em comming!
  2. Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 12:28 PM
    Glad it's going well. Enjoy the time of refreshing. Dad and I are praying. We love you and are so proud of the man after God's heart you are.

    Mom
  3. Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 12:55 PM
    Hey Zach - great to hear more from you! I check often and almost didn't because I knew you were at camp and there you were! I got to see Clara a week ago because Dad called when they were over at their house so I grabbed my camera and took a roll. It was good to see her and Michelle. I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you now that FF is back!! Leah - where are you?!? Love you, Becky
  4. Anonymous June 25, 2008 at 9:38 PM
    Welcome back. Glad to hear things are goiing well with the quality kids. Have a safe trip back. Yes, as Becky said, we really enjoyed seeing Michelle and Clara recently. Clara can really squinch up that nose with some of her smiles. Look forward to seeing all of you someday. Love,
    PaPa and Grandma
  5. Anonymous June 26, 2008 at 7:09 AM
    Zach,
    We sure are missing you! So thankful camp is going so much better. We are praying for you and I know your little family are counting down the days until Saturday. Howard and I are trying to take good care of them. We love you and are very proud of you!
  6. Michelle June 26, 2008 at 7:49 AM
    well....i guess you just have to go 3 months without a post and you'll set a record number of comments :)! i'll have to try that!

    sure to miss you and we're counting down the days till saturday! i'm so proud of you and love you bunches!
  7. Jennifer June 28, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    Wish that you could have been in Abilene this week too. Hunter and I have been missing you! I am so glad to hear that camp has been better this year.
  8. Auntie Jan June 28, 2008 at 10:55 AM
    Welcome back long lost blogger! I had actually checked the other day to see if it still said "Crawlin Clara" and then Michelle and Clara were in and told me the miraculous news of the new post! I had to get on Josh too, his promises of daily blogging were windy at most. Sure have enjoyed your girls, heard you got to meet the new boy, Mr. BB who already has a corvette! Hope to see you soon Zach, keep up your good work.

Something to say?